Advisors Option 58: Bringing Women Into The Options Fold
Women and options are a great combination.
- Chris Hausman, Portfolio & Chief Technical Strategist, Swan Global Investments.
- Aash Vyas, Director of Portfolio Strategy and Overlays, Swan Global Investments.
- Matt Amberson, Principal, Option Research & Technology Services.
- Carolyn Leonard, Former CBOE Member, Co-Founder - DyMynd
The Buzz: Bringing women and advisors into the options fold - a look at IMCA, Boston Options Exchange & Dymnd's upcoming "All Women Want Options" webinar.
- A new report on the "typical" advisor from Investment Advisor Association.
- All advisors should pay attention to Amazon after their multibillion acquisition of Whole Foods.
Office Hours/Advisors Option Flash Poll.
With $VIX hitting new lows and $SPX new highs, what is your financial advisor telling you about using #Options?
- 13% - Write covered calls
- 35% - Buy protective puts
- 22% - Do Both - Use Collars
- 30% - They Won't Touch Options
Listener Questions and Comments:
- Question from Tancray - Do you think the trend toward passive investing will help or hurt options focused advisors?
- Question from Nick Sassela - I've read a lot about robo advisors encroaching on the domain of the traditional financial advisor. I would think complicated assets like options wouldn't be well-suited to algorithms and machines. Is it fair to say that options then are the silver bullet to the rise of the robo advisors?
View Mark S. Longo's post archive >