Options Boot Camp 2: The Greeks
Options Bootcamp 2: The Greeks
- Risk variables (aka "the Greeks") are Delta, gamma, theta, and vega.
- Delta: The measure of the sensitivity of the options' price given a change in the underlying instrument. It's also used to view the likelihood of whether an option will expire in-the-money.
- Gamma: The rate of change of an options' delta given the change in the underlying instrument.
- Theta: The rate of change of an options' value given a change in the number of days until an options' expiration.
- Vega: The rate of change in an options' value given the change in implied volatility.
- How professional traders use the Greeks and ways that novice traders can use them, too. It's a symbiotic relationship.
- John Foley joins Mark and Dan to discuss the how customers can use the Greeks to enhance their trading, where they can find the information in the Zecco platform, and how to avoid mistakes they have made in the past.
View Mark S. Longo's post archive >