Option Block 643: Fire, Fury and VIX
The fire and fury are locked and loaded.
Trading Block: VIX getting some life again thanks to "fire and fury."
Earnings after the bell:
- NVDA - ATM straddle: $15, approx. 9%
- SNAP - ATM straddle: $2.25, approx.16.5%
Odd Block: Put spreads trade in iShares MCSI South Korea Index (EWY) , put rolls in SPDR Retail ETF (XRT) and puts sell and call in Urban Outfitters (URBN).
Strategy Block: Uncle Mike Tosaw discusses what happens when low volatility gets higher in the course of just one day.
Mail Block/Flash Poll:
BOX Options is opening a new trading floor. Do we need another floor to compete with Philly, NYSE, CBOE and all the rest?
- Yes, for complex orders
- No, there are too many exchanges
- N/A, I only trade electronically
- I am dusting off my trading jacket
Around the Block: What's coming up?
Earnings this week:
- Thursday - Macys, Kohl’s, Nordstrom, Blue Apron, Snap Inc., Coca-Cola, Nvidia
- Friday - JCPenney
- Aug 11: Consumer Price Index
View Mark S. Longo's post archive >