Option Block 680: 2017 Year-End Palooza - All Smoke, No Fire
2017: All smoke, no fire.
Trading Block: Review of the last trading day of the year. VIX barely holding on to double digits. Big meh into the end of the year. Silver is on a tear. The highs and lows of Bitcoin. Cboe announces six Bitcoin ETFs. Uncle Mike creates a new product...Fitcoin.
2017 Year-in Review: The good, the bad, and the unexplicable.
Final Options Question of the Week for 2017: What is your enduring market memory/event/trend/etc of 2017? Have a suggestion of your own? We encourage you to choose "Other" and send in your thoughts.
- Death of Volatility/VIX
- Rise of Bitcoin
- The Unstoppable Bull
- Other: Reply/DM w/ ideas
- Comment from OptionsAlliance: The surprise resurgence of #options volume in 2017.
- Comment from OliveWanaBroker: The oats bull market. Very important.
- Uncle Mike's silver collar was not, in fact, the second coming of AAPL.
- All smoke, no fire
- Crypto fever
Odd Block: Crazy paper from the year
- TSLA options tracker: The explosion of interest in TSLA catastrophe puts. OI exploded in 2017. Interest also expanded to Jan 2020 50 puts.
- The 250,000 contract VIX three-way, rolled thrice
- Extended Stay America - giving up the ghost
- The way-out-of-the-money gold trade with a further out-of-the-money kicker.
Strategy Block: Uncle Mike waxes poetic about his trading strategy from 2017
Around the Block: Will the outlier trends continue? Andrew brings us down with debt talk. What would it take for volatility to return to normal?
View Mark S. Longo's post archive >