Options Insider Radio Interviews: Talking VIX, Trading Pits and Market Making Evolution with Group One
The evolution of market making and the industry as a whole with Group One CEO John Kinahan
Listen to Options Insider Radio Interviews: Talking VIX, Trading Pits and Market Making Evolution with Group One
In this episode we feature John Kinahan, CEO of Group One Trading
- His background in the financial markets and journey to becoming CEO of Group One
- What are the biggest changes that have happened at Group One?
- The impact of technology, and the demands of technological advances
- The metamorphosis of skills required to work in finance
- The Group One market maker training program
- How has market making morphed over time?
- The challenge of weekly options: a double-edged sword.
- Why did mini options fail?
- What can we do to incent firms to stay in the business or even enter it new in 2018?
- The rise of the open outcry trading floor
- The cost and risk associated with connecting to so many venues
- What is it has been over the past year with VIX remaining so low yet continuing to do record volume?
View Mark S. Longo's post archive >