Options Playbook Radio 166: IBM Bull Put Spread
IBM announces earnings next week. That makes it a great time to consider a put spread.
For the last few episodes, we were reviewing skip-strike butterflies in GOOGL. You can find this on page 87 of The Options Playbook. This is always available on OptionsPlaybook.com, in on the Amazon Kindle edition.
In this episode:
- A review of the last few weeks of strategies in GOOGL
- Looking at IBM, which will announce earnings on July 18
- Remember: earnings add a bit of volatility to the underlying
- Where is the IV?
- Having a neutral to bullish outlook
- Going out further in time. Why?
- Time is on your side
- Picking the expiration
- Picking the strikes
- What will this cost?
- What is the maximum risk? Reward?
Do you have a question that you want featured on an upcoming episode of Options Playbook Radio? Send Brian an email at: [email protected].
View Brian Overby's post archive >