Volatility Views 288: Will 2018 Bring Back the Volatility?
Are we going to see more volatility in 2018?
Listen to Volatility Views 288: Will 2018 Bring Back the Volatility?
Volatility Review: Looking back on the top five Volatility Views episodes of 2017. VIX Cash is back in the single digits again.
Russell's Weekly Rundown
- VIX Options: ADV - 668k, VIX call/put - 3.9, Total 10.8m (8.52m Calls, 2.26m Puts)
- Commodities: Volatility is low but ambiguity is sky high.
- CBOE files to list 6 bitcoin ETFs after being first major exchange to trade cryptocurrency futures.
- Happy 9th Birthday to Bitcoin
Volatility Voicemail: Listeners have their say
2017 was the "Year that Volatility Died". So our 1st #QOTW for 2018 is a puzzler. Quite simply - where do you think $VIX will close at the end of the year?
- 14% - Between 7.5-9.99
- 35% - Between 10- 12.49
- 14% - Between 12.50 -14.99
- 37% - Above 15
Crystal Ball: Wild and reckless prognostication.
Last year's 2017 VIX predictions:
- Mark L. - Avg 15.50, low 10, high 34.5
- Russell - Avg 17.50, low 12.50, high 37
- Mark S. - Avg 15, low 10.50, high 24
Next year VIX close at end of 2018:
- Mark L. - 17.25
- Mark S. - 11.01
- Kevin - 14.04
- Mark L. - 9.25
- Mark S. - 9.57
- Russell - 9.79
View Mark S. Longo's post archive >